“A well-written, intelligent, exciting choice for readers looking to get hooked on a new fantasy series.” –Kirkus Reviews
One of Kirkus Reviews‘ Best Indie Books of 2013!
.The first book in an exciting new YA trilogy, Choose Your Weapon is a fast-paced adventure that blends together fantasy and reality. Part The Lord of the Rings, part The Breakfast Club, the book follows a quiet Latina teenager from a small Texas town who must work with her high school adversaries to fight dragons in a magical world — without the rest of the school discovering their secret mission.
Press and praise for the book:
- Best Indie Sci-Fi & Fantasy of 2013, Kirkus Reviews
- Choose Your Weapon by Sarah Rodriguez Pratt, Kirkus Reviews
- Notable Teen Book (p. 60) and one of Our Favorite Book Covers (p. 42), Shelf Unbound Magazine’s Writing Competition for Best Indie Book
- Book “Review”: Choose Your Weapon, by Sarah Rodriguez Pratt, Miss Bookish Girl
- “Choose Your Weapon” by Sarah Rodriguez Pratt, Books Without Any Pictures
- Choose Your Weapon: by Sarah Rodriguez Pratt, Story Circle Book Reviews
- A Fine Book Between Love and Hate: Choose Your Weapon, WriteByNight’s blog
- Choose Your Weapon: Kindle eBook by Sarah Rodriguez Pratt, Goodkindles
The entire Helen of Hollingsworth trilogy is available in the following stores:
- BookPeople, Austin (paperback)
- Paragraphs on Padre Boulevard, South Padre Island (paperback)
- Amazon (Kindle and paperback)
- CreateSpace: Book I, Book II, and Book III (paperback)
Copyright 2017, Quail School™ Media. All rights reserved.